As expected, the Scottish Government today announced further restrictions to help curb the spread of COVID-19. This announcement has put most of the Archdiocese of Glasgow under Tier-4 COVID-19 restriction. This will last for a period of three weeks pending review. The main things for parishes are as follows:
- The maximum attendance at Mass or other acts of public worship is 20 (Please note that
parish staff or Stewards are not included in this number.
- The maximum attendance at a funeral is 20. Funeral teas are still permitted.
- The maximum attendance at a wedding is 15 and wedding receptions cannot take place.
- The maximum attendance at baptisms, confirmations, etc. is 20.
- Indoor activities for young people should not take place in halls.
- People can travel into and out of Level 4 local authority areas to attend baptisms, funerals, etc. but they cannot travel into or out of Level 4 local authority areas to attend their normal place of worship (e.g. a person in East Dunbartonshire can go to Glasgow for a funeral but not for Sunday Mass).
- A priest or deacon can travel to get to his place of worship.
As a consequence of these, we are going to provide additional mass times on Sundays so as to accommodate as many people as we possibly can. These are the Sunday mass times for the period we remain in Tier 4 Covid-19 restriction:
- Corpus Christi Parish:
- Vigil Mass (Saturday evening) : 6.00pm
- Sunday Mass: 9.00am
- Sunday Mass: 11.00am
- Sunday Mass: 5.00pm
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Parish:
- Vigil Mass (Saturday Evening): 4.30pm
- Vigil Mass (Saturday Evening): 6.00pm
- Sunday Mass: 9.30am
Please note that the schedule for weekday morning masses remain unchanged. Our Christmas masses will remain as scheduled, if Tier 4 restrictions are eased before Christmas.
All those parishioners who have already registered online to attend mass under Tier 3 provisions must re-register on eventbrite.com, now Tier 4 provisions are in force. You can also register here on our website on our Tier 4 Registration page.
Sacrament of Confirmation:
We announced three dates for the celebration of the sacrament of Confirmation in our parish. We are now providing additional three dates for the celebration of this sacrament so as to ensure that we are in sync with the new reality, as well as ensuring that everyone of our children has the opportunity of receiving the sacrament of Confirmation before Christmas.
These are the dates for the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation in our parish;
- Thursday 26th November 2020 at 6.30pm
- Friday 27th November 2020 at 6.30pm
- Thursday 3rd December 2020 at 6.30pm
- Friday 4th December 2020 at 6.30pm
- Thursday 10th December 2020 at 6.30pm
- Friday 11th December 2020 at 6.30pm
Those who will be affected by these additional dates will be communicated as soon as possible.
We regret any inconvenience these changes may cause to the children and families involved. Let us continue to pray for one another. God will see us through this difficult times.
In Union of prayers,
Fr. Benneth Onyebuchukwu